Monday, May 31, 2010

Tap your feet keeping time to a beat of a song while you're singing along.

People often like certain songs because they remind them of something in their past. Regardless of whether or not the memory attached to that song is pleasant, the past is usually a comforting retreat. Life is unpredictable. Most days might be monotonous, but eventually a change occurs. When one is not comfortable and cannot easily cope, a old tune may remind him or her that the trouble will end.

For me, music can be a very personal thing. I think it’s safe to say that my iPod catalog is unique (mostly a combination of jazz, classical, and rock from the 60s & 70s). I often expect people to feel the same way that I do about certain songs, but they do not have the same memories.

More on this subject later…

No comments:

Post a Comment